The practice of yoga begins before your class starts
THE PRACTICE OF YOGA BEGINS BEFORE YOUR CLASS STARTS.
To create the best experience for yourself and others, please follow these guidelines:
- Arrive a few minutes before class begins. Give yourself time for a moment of meditation and to relax from the day. If you arrive just as class is beginning, enter quietly and find a place in the back of the class. Late arrivals can be disruptive and may not be accommodated.
- Tell your teacher about any injuries or special health conditions before class. This will help the teacher make suggestions to make your practice safer and more enjoyable.
- Students are always welcome to relax in the space prior to the class if the room is open – we ask that you limit your activity to relaxation, rather than starting any active asana practice.
- Bring your own yoga mat to class for hygienic and energetic reasons. Several mat styles are available to enhance your practice. Rental mats are free on your first visit; after that, the fee is $2 per use. If you perspire during class, please bring a towel or rent a towel. Please do not use studio blankets without a towel if you are perspiring.
- Please keep conversations low when you arrive and leave as other students may be relaxing or meditating. We want to create a space of healing, quiet, and relaxation as well as one of friendship.
THE SPIRIT OF YOGA EMBRACES THE QUALITIES OF COMPASSION, AWARENESS AND RESPECT.
In this attitude of awareness, we ask that you …
- Remove your shoes after entering to keep the floors clean for others.
- Leave cell phones outside the yoga studios. If you are on call or in an emergency situation, please speak to someone at the front desk.
- Do not bring a beginner to an intermediate class. This is for the beginner’s safety as well as respect for the other students and teachers. Please ask the staff or teachers for suggestions about classes if you are uncertain.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes or fragrances as some people are allergic to strong odors. Yoga mats may be kept fresh by washing them from time to time.
- Leave parking spaces open directly in front of surrounding business for their clients.
Self-awareness leads to attention to detail and to the respect for the space and people around you. Thank you for creating a sacred space for your practice and for respecting the Spirit of Yoga.