Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training: Austin
85-hour Prenatal Yoga
Teacher Training Program
Yoga Alliance® Registered
Yoga Yoga is proud to offer a comprehensive prenatal teacher training program to give you the tools and training necessary to teach and empower women through all stages of pregnancy and childbirth. You will gain confidence and the skills needed to teach safe and creative prenatal yoga classes.
PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IS FOR:
- 200-hour yoga teachers enrolled in Yoga Yoga’s 500 Hour Teacher Training Program
- 200-hour /500-hour yoga teachers from other schools
- Students currently enrolled in Yoga Yoga’s 200 Hour Teacher Training Program seeking an emphasis in prenatal and postpartum care
- Experienced yoga students (with permission from the instructor)
- Birth Professionals (childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, nurses, OB/GYN’s, etc) interested in learning how yoga can benefit their clients and how to add yoga to their care modalities
STUDY & PRACTICE
IN THIS 85-HOUR COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to teach safe, creative and effective prenatal yoga classes to women at any stage of pregnancy
- How to adapt and modify postures to meet the changing needs of pregnancy in our in-depth asana clinics
- How to design safe and effective classes and the teaching skills necessary for each trimester and the postpartum period
- The anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Ways to apply Yogic Philosophy to the Western birthing culture
- Ways yoga can relieve some of the common discomforts of pregnancy and help with pain management during labor, as well as recovery after birth
- How to create and nurture a supportive community for mothers, babies and families
- How to incorporate different yogic tools in your classes–sound, meditation, breath work and visualization and relaxation
ALL CLASSES TAKE PLACE AT YOGA YOGA NORTH: 2167 WEST ANDERSON LANE
MODULE I: SEPTEMBER 20 – SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
Meets Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 9:30am – 6:00pm
(lunch break 12:30pm – 1:30pm). This course is a prerequisite for Module II.
MODULE II: OCTOBER 25-27 – NOVEMBER 8-10, 2019
Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 9:30am – 6:00pm (lunch break 12:30 – 1:30pm)
Module 2 Weekend 1; October 25 – 27, 2019
Module 2 Weekend 2: November 8 – 10, 2019
MODULE I & II – 85 HOURS TOTAL
For 500-hour credit: call (512) 326-2273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Birth (Janet Balaskas)
The Female Pelvis (Blandine Calais-Germaine)
Mind Over Labor (Carl Jones)
Bountiful Blissful Beautiful (Gurmukh)
Dig Pregnancy Birth and Baby (Sue Elkind)
The Birth Partner (Penny Simkin)
Birthing from Within (Pam England)
Women’s Fitness Program Development (Ann F. Cowlin)
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn (Penny Simkin)
Alice found her way to yoga in 2000 practicing both Kundalini and Hatha styles. She found that it helped her calm her mind and emotions as well as strengthen her physical body. Alice became a registered yoga teacher in 2003 after attending Yoga Yoga Teacher Training. Since then Alice has passionately continued to deepen her understanding and knowledge of yoga through her own practice and by studying with a range of knowledgeable teachers. Alice is a certified doula with ALACE.
Alice’s teaching is greatly influenced and informed by Gary Kraftsow, Gurucharan and Donna Farhi, as well as her own experience and practice. Alice has a great passion for working with and teaching women. In her Prenatal and Postnatal classes she places an emphasis on the needs of the student as an individual. Alice also has a gift for working with beginners and uses this gift when teaching her Kundalini Foundation Series. Alice also teaches Hatha, Restorative, and Children’s yoga.
DeLora has taken extensive training to teach yoga to students at all stages of life. In Yoga Yoga Teacher Training she completed Level One and Level Two Kundalini training. She also studied deaf education and graduated with a degree in speech. In 2012 she graduated from Yoga Yoga’s Flow-Based Hatha program as well as Sadie Nardini’s Evolution Vinyasa Teacher Training. For children’s yoga, DeLora graduated from the renowned Radiant Child Yoga Program, Levels One and Two. She also completed Pre- and Postnatal Training with Leslie Lytle’s Om Mama program. In 2009, she completed Judith Lasater’s Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga training. You’ll find her teaching a variety of classes on our schedule, and helping out in other ways around the studios.
Sarah began her yoga journey in 1998. After being an avid Hatha student for a few years, she craved deeper study and became a registered yoga instructor through YogaYoga’s Teacher Training in 2004. She was specifically interested in the study of prenatal yoga.
Because her own pregnancies were so powerfully influenced by her practice, she was drawn to share yoga’s transformative effects with mothers-to-be. She became certified through Leslie Lytle’s OmMama Yoga to teach both prenatal and postnatal classes, to support mothers and their babies. She is very passionate about creating a community of support and self care as women transition into the beautiful path of motherhood.
She was voted Best Prenatal Yoga Instructor at the 2012 Austin Birth Awards, and she continues her discovery of yoga as she pursues her 500 hour certification.
If you are a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher and are interested in becoming a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher please contact Yoga Yoga Teacher Training, email@example.com or (512) 326-2273, to learn how this course can apply. To receive your Advanced Training credit: you will register through Yoga Yoga Teacher Training, not through this web page. Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT), apply these hours towards your CEU requirements. After the completion of your program and 30 prenatal yoga teaching hours, you may register with Yoga Alliance® as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT).
For more information and to enroll contact us at (512) 326-2273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or registration, please contact our Teacher Training Admissions Counselor at email@example.com or (512) 326-2273. Yoga Yoga Teacher Training Core Course Cancellation Policy.