POSTNATAL TEACHER TRAINING
This 20-hour specialized course offers yoga teachers and related professionals the knowledge and tools you will need to offer safe, healthy and fun postnatal yoga classes to new moms and babies. Deanna Velazquez PRYT and RYT-500, has years of experience teaching postnatal yoga, this training will cover the many physical, emotional, and psychological considerations which are key to creating an environment where both mother and child can heal, grow, and thrive.
Some experience working with women in their reproductive years is helpful but not necessary.
Postnatal Teacher Training is for:
- 200-hour Yoga teachers enrolled in Yoga Yoga’s 500-hour Teacher Training Program
- 200-hour/500-hour Yoga Teachers from other schools
- Students currently enrolled in Yoga Yoga’s 200-hour Teacher Training Program seeking an emphasis in serving postpartum women and their babies
- Experienced yoga students (with permission from the instructor)
- Birth Professionals (childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, nurses, OB/GYN’s, etc) interested in learning how yoga can benefit your clients and how to add yoga to your care modalities
In this training, you will learn:
- The most beneficial postures, as well as contraindications for postnatal yoga
- Songs, movement, and community-building activities that make a fun yoga class experience
- How to lead both group classes and one-on-one sessions unique to this population
- Pertinent information regarding the pelvic floor, diastasis recti, and other anatomical and physiological considerations particular to the postpartum body, approached from a western as well as eastern perspective
- The psychology of the chakras and how it is integrated into parenting
- About emotional and mental concerns specific to the postpartum period, such as the ‘baby blues,’ postpartum depression, anxiety and isolation
- A specialized sequence of class activities and time management tools to keep the flow of class in tune with the changing needs of the students
- How to adapt your classes to the toddler years
- How to become a facilitator in community building, self-care, and creating a safe place for mothers to share their celebrations, concerns, and questions during this tumultuous and exciting time of life
- How to market your services as a postnatal yoga teacher
ALL CLASSES ARE HELD AT YOGA YOGA NORTH
November 1 – 3, 2019
Friday – Sunday, from 10:00am – 6:00pm (with an hour break each day)
about your teacher
Deanna Brenner PRYT and RYT 500
Deanna is an experienced birth professional. Her focus is working with women and strongly believes empowering and educating women will change the world. She is the Perinatal Education Coordinator at the Austin Area Birthing Center, a Trained Breastfeeding Educator, and works with women individually on a daily basis pre and postnatally. In addition she is a Postnatal Fitness Expert and understands the importance of self-care as women transition through the different stages in their life.
Deanna is a 500 RYT and PRYT with a history of leading group fitness classes and personal training for over 15 years. She encourages physical and spiritual growth and integrates this into her classes in a dynamic, interesting way.
Her Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training will address the anatomical changes mommas go through as well as the emotional shifts they experience in their journey into motherhood.