iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 2 Training with Senior iRest Trainer Stephanie Lopez
Pre-requisite: Completion of iRest® Level 1 Training
The iRest Level 2 Training is designed to provide you with a deeper understanding of the principles underlying the theory, practice and delivery of iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation. You will develop and refine your personal practice and delivery of iRest to groups and individuals both in public and professional settings. Level 2 Trainings offer CE** hours for YA, IAYT, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN. Please see event details for specific CE hours and offerings.
Level 2 Learning Objectives:
- Receive advanced training in teaching iRest Meditation to groups and individuals.
- Deepen your personal practice of iRest.
- Participate in advanced group lectures and peer discussion groups.
- Learn how to become script independent for both group and dyad practices.
- Understand the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations.
- Receive advanced iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions.
- Enhance your understanding of the historical context and the path of meditation in which iRest is embedded.
- Learn Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual views and neuroscience that inform iRest and the path of meditation.
- Learn about evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest with different populations.
Following the Level 2 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospitals, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as an iRest Level 2 Teacher.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” (TCN) for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
- Understand how to engage in iRest research where you live.
- Audit Level 2 Trainings at reduced rates.
- Ability to be an assistant at Introductory, Level 1 and Level 2 workshops, trainings and retreats, depending on openings.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive a certificate of attendance designating you as a Level 2 Teacher-in-Training you must arrive on time every day and attend all training sessions.
Friday, November 1 – 6:30 – 9:00pm (registration starts at 5:45pm)
Saturday, November 2 – 8:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday, November 3 – 8:30am – 6:00pm
Monday, November 4 – 8:30am – 6:00pm
Tuesday, November 5 – 8:30am – 3:30pm
COST: $1595 ($1495 until September 1, 2019). Includes a comprehensive manual and a Level 2 Training audio download.
Cancellations 60+ days from the start of the event can receive a refund or studio credit Cancellations 31-60 days = refund minus $350 cancellation fee No refunds are available for cancellations less than 30 days from the start of the event
REQUIRED reading and listening:
RECOMMENDED reading and listening:
iRest Daily Meditation Companion (accessible on computers and all mobile devices) Anne Douglas When Self Falls Away online course Richard Miller, PhD (A special 20% discount is included) Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6CD Set) iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (CD or Mp3) or iRest at Ease with Kelly Boys (CD or Mp3) Resting in Stillness (CD or Mp3)
Approximately 30 CE hours* will be available for YA, IAYT, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
Attendees requesting Professional CE who live outside of California are responsible for contacting their home state or province licensing organizations to see if there is reciprocity. iRest Institute is not responsible for the decision of licensing boards that lie outside the state of California.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact the iRest Institute at email@example.com. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
If you have previously completed an iRest Level 2 teacher training you may audit this event at a cost of $600 (manual not included, $100 manual fee paid to IRI if needed) Please contact [list Host name and contact information] to register as an auditing participant.
To find out more about the Integrative Restoration Institute, please visit irest.org.
about your teacher
Stephanie Lopez, LISW-S, C-IAYT, is the Director of Operations, Senior iRest® Trainer and Retreat Leader for the iRest Institute. Stephanie is a skillful and authentic teacher who brings the ancient yogic teachings to life. With a deeply embodied understanding of meditation, she holds space for students to awaken to their essential nature. Stephanie’s offerings are informed by 25 years of immersion in the nondual teachings of yoga. As a psychotherapist, certified yoga therapist, and meditation teacher she bridges eastern wisdom with western psychology and neuroscience to support healing and transformation. Stephanie’s compassionate presence, depth of knowledge, and ease of being create a welcoming space for insightful learning. She leads retreats and trainings internationally with a focus on living an authentic and awakened life. Learn more at www.irest.org