During our 4-week Summer Intensive training, you will gain the skills to teach Hatha yoga safely and effectively to a wide variety of students. Our faculty of highly-skilled teachers will help you transform your practice as you build community and create lifelong friendships. This program features a strong focus on alignment-based asana, supported by principles of anatomy and injury prevention, as well as an understanding of how to sequence poses in a safe and creative way.
We emphasize authenticity in teaching by challenging our students to explore yoga beyond asana and deepen their own practice. You will gain an understanding of yoga’s stress-relieving benefits, and learn to build a thriving career while offering this healing and transformative practice to today’s world.
If you are passionate about yoga and ready to build a thriving career, committing to this 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training will transform your life.
Our program covers the following topics:
- Alignment, Benefits, Modifications for Yoga Postures
- Sequencing Skills
- Confidence-Building Through Practice Teaching
- Western Anatomy Principles
- Yoga Philosophy, Literature & Lifestyle
- Pranayama (Breathing Practices) & Meditation
- Chakras & Yogic Anatomy
- Language & Classroom Management Skills
- Ethics & Business Principles for Yoga Teachers
- Introduction to Popular Yoga Styles Such as Prenatal, Children’s, Yin & Restorative
- Personal Practice Development
After completing our program, you will possess the skills to:
- Teach public yoga classes authentically and confidently to new and experienced students
- Create a welcoming class environment for students of varying ages and abilities
- Offer adaptation, variations & modification of yoga postures to address different students’ needs
- Develop stress-management tools for yourself and your students
- Incorporate elements of gentle, yin, and restorative yoga into your classes
- Discover your own authentic teaching voice and unique style
AFTER COMPLETING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Become a nationally Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) through Yoga Alliance®
- Teach Hatha and Hatha Flow yoga classes in a variety of environments, such as yoga studios, gyms, or corporate settings
- Register for 500-hour Advanced Courses and specialize in a variety of styles, including Yin, Restorative, Prenatal, Children, Vinyasa, and more.
FACULTY & COMMUNITY:
When you join the Yoga Yoga family, you will experience deep transformation in a supportive community of dedicated yoga practitioners and teachers. From enrollment to graduation, you will benefit from the attention and guidance of a tenured Lead Teacher, supplemented by contributions from our faculty experts in the fields of anatomy and research, physical therapy, Ayurveda, kinesiology, psychology, literature and language, and education.Students should be at least 18 years old, as well as completing a high school degree or its equivalent.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
All classes are held at Yoga Yoga North.
Thursday – Saturday, June 27 – 29: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Monday – Friday, July 1 – 5: 8:00am – 5:30pm (no class Thursday, July 4)
Monday – Friday, July 8 – 12: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Monday – Friday, July 15 – 19: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Monday – Friday, July 22 – 26: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday, July 27: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Sunday, July 28: 8:00am – 1:30p
Jenny has been teaching for over 10 years and has attended Prenatal training with Leslie Lytle, Radiant Child teacher training, postnatal and special needs with Shakta Kaur, Gong Training with Mehtab, 21 Stages with Gurucharan Khalsa, Kundalini 200 hour. Jenny is also a E-RYT 500 hour teacher, a Lead teacher for YY teacher Training Program, and enrolled in the Yoga therapy 800 hr course. She does private work with people who are interested in reducing their stress levels and have a real connection to working with Cancer Patients using restorative, breath, mantra and sound.
Jenny’s classes are alignment focused in the Anusara tradition. Class starts off slow, focusing on the breath and alignment. Students work through challenging poses, holding positions to experience how the breath moves through the body, expanding the posture. Jenny is focused on taking the body only as far as it will go, and she has modifications for every level of student. The quiet conclusion of class is a chance to bring the awareness back to the breath, and explore the subtle changes in the physical and energetic bodies. In Jenny’s Classes, you can expect some type of meditation like visualization, mantra or mindfulness. She also incorporates pranayama, Mudra and sometimes she uses the Gong. Jenny will also draw inspiration from Kundalini Yoga teachings in her Hatha classes because of the profound work that can be done with the nervous system.