Hatha Teacher Training
Fall 2019 : Weekend Track
During our convenient weekend program, you will gain the skills to teach Hatha yoga safely and effectively to a wide variety of students. Our faculty of highly-skilled teachers will help you transform your practice as you build community and create lifelong friendships. This program features a strong focus on alignment-based asana, supported by principles of anatomy and injury prevention, as well as an understanding of how to sequence poses in a safe and creative way.
We emphasize authenticity in teaching by challenging our students to explore yoga beyond asana and deepen their own practice. You will gain an understanding of yoga’s stress-relieving benefits, and learn to build a thriving career while offering this healing and transformative practice to today’s world.
All students are welcome who have a passion for yoga and a desire to share it with others.
If you are passionate about yoga and ready to build a thriving career, committing to this 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training will transform your life.
Our program covers the following topics:
- Alignment, Benefits, Modifications for Yoga Postures
- Sequencing Skills
- Confidence-Building Through Practice Teaching
- Western Anatomy Principles
- Yoga Philosophy, Literature & Lifestyle
- Pranayama (Breathing Practices) & Meditation
- Chakras & Yogic Anatomy
- Language & Classroom Management Skills
- Ethics & Business Principles for Yoga Teachers
- Introduction to Popular Yoga Styles Such as Prenatal, Children’s, Yin & Restorative
- Personal Practice Development
After completing our program, you will possess the skills to:
- Teach public yoga classes authentically and confidently to new and experienced students
- Create a welcoming class environment for students of varying ages and abilities
- Offer adaptation, variations & modification of yoga postures to address different students’ needs
- Develop stress-management tools for yourself and your students
- Incorporate elements of gentle, yin, and restorative yoga into your classes
- Discover your own authentic teaching voice and unique style
AFTER COMPLETING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Become a nationally Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) through Yoga Alliance®
- Teach Hatha and Hatha Flow yoga classes in a variety of environments, such as yoga studios, gyms, or corporate settings
- Register for 500-hour Advanced Courses and specialize in a variety of styles, including Yin, Restorative, Prenatal, Children, Vinyasa, and more.
FACULTY & COMMUNITY:
When you join the Yoga Yoga family, you will experience deep transformation in a supportive community of dedicated yoga practitioners and teachers. From enrollment to graduation, you will benefit from the attention and guidance of a tenured Lead Teacher, supplemented by contributions from our faculty experts in the fields of anatomy and research, physical therapy, Ayurveda, kinesiology, psychology, literature and language, and education.Students should be at least 18 years old, as well as completing a high school degree or its equivalent.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This training meets over 15 weekends during a 6-month period at Yoga Yoga Westgate. Classes meet on Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00-6:00pm.
October 26 & 27, 2019
November 9 & 10
November 16 & 17
December 7 & 8
January 11 & 12, 2020
January 25 & 26
February 8 & 9
February 22 & 23
March 7 & 8
March 21 & 22
April 4 & 5
April 18 & 19
May 2 & 3
May 16 & 17
May 30 & 31
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
- Call our Admissions Department at (512) 326-2273 to connect with an Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a Teacher Training Info Session—view upcoming dates and RSVP with our online form.
- Our Admissions Counselors, also highly-skilled yoga teachers, are available to answer all of your questions and concerns as you make this life-changing decision. From helping you find the right program to assisting you with payment options, these caring professionals will support you every step of the way.