Foundations of Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
Spring 2019 San Antonio Weekend Track
Begins January 19th at The Synergy Studio
Our Foundations of Yoga Therapy 200-hour training program is designed for aspiring classroom yoga teachers, current health-care professionals, and future yoga therapists. This program focuses primarily on the therapeutic applications of classical asana, and on adapting yoga for the individual, whether in a public class setting or in private yoga consultations. In this course, you will learn yoga’s most effective practices for stress-relief, including pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation, as well as how to integrate all of the teachings and tools of yoga towards optimal health and wellness of the body, mind and spirit.
This program provides exceptional preparation for students who want to pursue a career in yoga therapy. With the creation of our extensive, IAYT-accredited Yoga Therapy training program Yoga Yoga has positioned itself as a leader in the exciting, rapidly-expanding world of yoga therapy. We invite you to join us in changing the health of the world, one yoga student at a time. We are proud to partner with The Synergy Studio to bring you this innovative 200-hour Teacher Training Program.
Our curriculum includes:
- In-depth study of yoga asana from a therapeutic perspective, including: Sanskrit names, proper alignment, and benefits.
- Foundations of both Western and yogic anatomy.
- Introduction to yogic philosophy and literature.
- Pranayama and meditation basics for your practice and teaching.
- Practice teaching to build confidence and develop your authentic voice.
- Effective language and classroom management skills.
- Skills and special considerations for teaching private yoga students.
- Introduction to specialized, adaptive teaching modalities, including: Chair Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Yoga for Seniors and Restorative Yoga.
- Ethics and business principles to help you build your career as a yoga teacher.
In our training you will learn to:
- Teach private students as well as public yoga classes authentically and confidently.
- Create a welcoming class environment for a wide variety of students.
- Design safe and creative class sequences.
- Offer adaptation, variations & modification of asana to address different students’ needs.
- Read students’ bodies and apply anatomical principles to offer effective hands-on adjustments.
- Develop stress-management tools for yourself and your students.
ADMISSIONS & PREREQUISITES:
Students should be at least 18 years old, as well as completing a high school degree or its equivalent.
AFTER COMPLETING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Become a nationally Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) through Yoga Alliance®
- Teach therapeutic Hatha yoga classes in a variety of environments, such as yoga studios, gyms or corporate settings.
- Register for 500-hour Advanced Courses and specialize in a variety of styles including Yin, Restorative, Prenatal, Children, Vinyasa, and more.
- Become a yoga therapist by enrolling in our Yoga Therapy program.
FACULTY & COMMUNITY:
When you join the Yoga Yoga family, you will experience deep transformation in a supportive community of dedicated yoga practitioners and teachers. From enrollment to graduation, you will benefit from the attention and guidance of a tenured Lead Teacher, supplemented by contributions from our faculty experts in the fields of anatomy and research, physical therapy, Ayurveda, kinesiology, psychology, literature and language, and education.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This training meets over 15 weekends during an 8-month period at The Synergy Studio. 300 East Grayson Street Ste. 100. San Antonio, Texas 78215. The Synergy Studio is located within the Pearl, on the north reach of the San Antonio Riverwalk. Classes meet on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00am – 5:00pm.
- January 19 – 20, 2019
- February 2 – 3
- February 16 – 17
- March 16 – 17
- March 30 – 31
- April 13 – 14
- April 27 – 28
- May 4 – 5
- June 1 -2
- June 22 – 23
- July 13 – 14
- July 27 – 28
- August 3 – 4
- August 17 – 18
- September 14 – 15
Lauren Mason ERYT-200, RYT-500
Lauren’s true passion is training teachers, and loves helping her students discover how to personalize the teachings of yoga and share them with others. She is continuously inspired by the practice of yoga and how is allows for self-exploration and personal nourishment on and off the mat. She believes in grounding the practice of yoga in its ancient philosophy, and is greatly inspired by the life’s work of T.K.V. Desikachar and the students of his lineage, who teach that the integrated practice of yoga can be beneficial for mind and spirit as well as physical health. She is also inspired by modern teachers such as Sadie Nardini and Shiva Rea who have creatively adapted the postural practice of yoga to be accessible to a range of students. She completed her 200-hour Hatha Flow training with Yoga Yoga, and worked with the company as a teacher and studio manager before moving to San Antonio. Since then, Lauren has accrued 400 additional hours of advanced training with Yoga Yoga, including a 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher training with Yoga Yoga, and is currently pursuing certification as a Yoga Therapist at Yoga Yoga. Lauren is informed by her degree in secondary education and dance from the University of Texas at Austin.
Emily Liles, E-RYT-500
Emily is a graduate of Yoga Yoga’s 200 and 500 hour Hatha Teacher Training and is currently a Resident in the Yoga Therapy Program. She also holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Texas at Austin. Her teachings draw from studies in Pranayama, meditation, alignment-based Asana, Sanskrit, and philosophy. In her classes you can expect to explore optimal alignment and gain deeper understanding of the traditional teachings of the Krishnamacharya Lineage.
Continuously a student herself, Emily is always furthering her studies in Yoga, Ayurveda, and Anatomy. Through her teaching, Emily hopes to inspire others to explore their own inner terrain, have fun, and gain tools
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
- Call our Admissions Department at (512) 326-2273 to connect with an Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a Teacher Training Info Session—view upcoming dates and RSVP with our online form.
- Our Admissions Counselors, also highly-skilled yoga teachers, are available to answer all of your questions and concerns as you make this life-changing decision. From helping you find the right program to assisting you with payment options, these caring professionals will support you every step of the way.