Foundations of Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
Fall 2019 - Weekend Track
“The success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships”
– T.K.V. Desikachar
Step into your dharma…
Our Foundations of Yoga Therapy 200-hour training program is designed for aspiring classroom yoga teachers, current health-care professionals, and future yoga therapists. This program focuses primarily on the therapeutic applications of classical asana, and on adapting yoga for the individual, whether in a public class setting or in private yoga consultations. In this course, you will learn yoga’s most effective practices for stress-relief, including pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation, as well as how to integrate all of the teachings and tools of yoga towards optimal health and wellness of the body, mind and spirit.
This program provides exceptional preparation for students who want to pursue a career in yoga therapy. With the creation of our extensive, IAYT-accredited Yoga Therapy training program and innovative Yoga Therapy Clinic, Yoga Yoga has positioned itself as a leader in the exciting, rapidly-expanding world of yoga therapy. We invite you to join us in changing the health of the world, one yoga student at a time.
Our curriculum includes:
- In-depth study of yoga asana from a therapeutic perspective, including: Sanskrit names, proper alignment, and benefits.
- Foundations of both Western and yogic anatomy.
- Introduction to yogic philosophy and literature.
- Pranayama and meditation basics for your practice and teaching.
- Practice teaching to build confidence and develop your authentic voice.
- Effective language and classroom management skills.
- Skills and special considerations for teaching private yoga students.
- Introduction to specialized, adaptive teaching modalities, including: Chair Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Yoga for Seniors and Restorative Yoga.
- Ethics and business principles to help you build your career as a yoga teacher.
In our training you will learn to:
- Teach private students as well as public yoga classes authentically and confidently.
- Create a welcoming class environment for a wide variety of students.
- Design safe and creative class sequences.
- Offer adaptation, variations & modification of asana to address different students’ needs.
- Read students’ bodies and apply anatomical principles to offer effective hands-on adjustments.
- Develop stress-management tools for yourself and your students.
FACULTY & COMMUNITY:
When you join the Yoga Yoga family, you will experience deep transformation in a supportive community of dedicated yoga practitioners and teachers. From enrollment to graduation, you will benefit from the attention and guidance of a tenured Lead Teacher, supplemented by contributions from our faculty experts in the fields of anatomy and research, physical therapy, Ayurveda, kinesiology, psychology, literature and language, and education.Students should be at least 18 years old, as well as completing a high school degree or its equivalent.
AFTER COMPLETING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Become a nationally Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) through Yoga Alliance®
- Teach therapeutic Hatha yoga classes in a variety of environments, such as yoga studios, gyms or corporate settings.
- Register for 500-hour Advanced Courses and specialize in a variety of styles including Yin, Restorative, Prenatal, Children, Vinyasa, and more.
- Become a yoga therapist by enrolling in our Yoga Therapy program.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This training meets over 15 weekends during an 8-month period at Yoga Yoga Northwest. Classes meet on Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 – 6:00pm.
- November 2 & 3, 2019
- November 16 & 17
- December 7 & 8
- January 11 & 12, 2020
- January 25 & 26
- February 8 & 9
- February 22 & 23
- March 7 & 8
- March 21 & 22
- April 4 & 5
- April 18 & 19
- May 2 & 3
- May 16 & 17
- May 30 & 31
- June 13 & 14, 2020
Jenny has been teaching for over 10 years and has attended Prenatal training with Leslie Lytle, Radiant Child teacher training, postnatal and special needs with Shakta Kaur, Gong Training with Mehtab, 21 Stages with Gurucharan Khalsa, Kundalini 200 hour. Jenny is also a E-RYT 500 hour teacher, a Lead teacher for YY teacher Training Program, and enrolled in the Yoga therapy 800 hr course. She does private work with people who are interested in reducing their stress levels and have a real connection to working with Cancer Patients using restorative, breath, mantra and sound.
Jenny’s classes are alignment focused in the Anusara tradition. Class starts off slow, focusing on the breath and alignment. Students work through challenging poses, holding positions to experience how the breath moves through the body, expanding the posture. Jenny is focused on taking the body only as far as it will go, and she has modifications for every level of student. The quiet conclusion of class is a chance to bring the awareness back to the breath, and explore the subtle changes in the physical and energetic bodies. In Jenny’s Classes, you can expect some type of meditation like visualization, mantra or mindfulness. She also incorporates pranayama, Mudra and sometimes she uses the Gong. Jenny will also draw inspiration from Kundalini Yoga teachings in her Hatha classes because of the profound work that can be done with the nervous system.
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
- Call our Admissions Department at (512) 326-2273 to connect with an Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a Teacher Training Info Session—view upcoming dates and RSVP with our online form.
- Our Admissions Counselors, also highly-skilled yoga teachers, are available to answer all of your questions and concerns as you make this life-changing decision. From helping you find the right program to assisting you with payment options, these caring professionals will support you every step of the way.