Flow-Based Hatha Teacher Training
Fall 2019 — San Antonio
As passionate students of Yoga ourselves, we are proud to present to you a comprehensive learning experience in which you will delve into the varied aspects of this ancient tradition. Our faculty of highly-skilled, seasoned yogis will guide your practice as you build community and create lifelong friendships and connections.
Our Flow-Based Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program features an intense focus on the sequencing, language and classroom skills necessary to teach such vigorous styles as Hatha flow and Vinyasa, as well as provide a strong foundation for those who wish to further their studies in flow-based practices such as Vinyasa or Ashtanga yoga. We emphasize authenticity in teaching by challenging you to broaden your understanding of Yoga and to take the practice to new depths.
If you are passionate about yoga and ready to build a thriving career, committing to this 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training will transform your life!
Our curriculum includes:
- An in-depth study of yoga asana, including:, common modifications and variations, alignment principles, how to use props and benefits
- Foundations of both Western and yogic anatomy
- Lectures on yogic philosophy and literature
- Teaching practices to build confidence and develop your authentic voice
- Effective language and classroom management skills for students of all levels
- Instruction in safe and sustainable Hatha Flow and Vinyasa transitions
In our training you will:
- Learn how to teach Hatha Flow and Vinyasa yoga classes to the public
- Practice such dynamic styles of yoga as Hatha Flow, Vinyasa, and Ashtanga
- Deepen and expand your own vinyasa practice
- Build strength, stamina, agility, and flexibility
- Expand your understanding of advanced postures, such as inversions and arms balances
- Take your yoga off the mat to transform every aspect of your life
ADMISSIONS & PREREQUISITES:
Students should be at least 18 years old, as well as completing a high school degree or its equivalent.
AFTER COMPLETING THIS 200 HOUR TRAINING, YOU CAN:
- Become a nationally Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200) through Yoga Alliance®
- Teach Hatha, Hatha Flow and Vinyasa yoga classes in a variety of environments, such as yoga studios, gyms or corporate settings
- Further your studies in the Ashtanga Yoga lineage
- Register for 500-hour Advanced Courses
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This training meets every Tuesday night from 5:30pm to 9:30pm from September 24, 2019- July 14, 2020. Additionally there are also three Saturday day-long intensives, which meet from 10:00am – 6:30pm.
All classes meet at Sweet Soul Yoga, conveniently situated in the Commons of Wilderness Oak, near the intersection of Blanco Road and Wilderness Oak, less than 2 miles from the Vineyard Shopping Center on Loop 1604. Find us at: 20711 Wilderness Oak, Suite 107, San Antonio, Texas 78258. Sweet Soul Yoga provides professional yoga instruction to students of all levels of practice in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio, Texas and is proud to partner with Yoga Yoga to offer 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in Northeast San Antonio.
- September 24, 2019
- October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- November 5, 12, 19
- December 3, 10, 17
- January 7, 14, 21, 28
- February 4, 11, 18, 25
- March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- April 7, 14, 28
- May 5, 12, 19, 26
- June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- July 7, 14
All Saturdays meet from 10-6:30
- October 5, 2019
- January 25, 2020
- May 2, 2020
Lauren Mason ERYT-200, RYT-500
Lauren’s true passion is training teachers, and loves helping her students discover how to personalize the teachings of yoga and share them with others. She is continuously inspired by the practice of yoga and how is allows for self-exploration and personal nourishment on and off the mat. She believes in grounding the practice of yoga in its ancient philosophy, and is greatly inspired by the life’s work of T.K.V. Desikachar and the students of his lineage, who teach that the integrated practice of yoga can be beneficial for mind and spirit as well as physical health. She is also inspired by modern teachers such as Sadie Nardini and Shiva Rea who have creatively adapted the postural practice of yoga to be accessible to a range of students. She completed her 200-hour Hatha Flow training with Yoga Yoga, and worked with the company as a teacher and studio manager before moving to San Antonio. Since then, Lauren has accrued 400 additional hours of advanced training with Yoga Yoga, including a 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher training with Yoga Yoga, and is currently pursuing certification as a Yoga Therapist at Yoga Yoga. Lauren is informed by her degree in secondary education and dance from the University of Texas at Austin.
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
- Call our Admissions Department at (512) 326-2273 to connect with an Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a Teacher Training Info Session—view upcoming dates and RSVP with our online form.
- Our Admissions Counselors, also highly-skilled yoga teachers, are available to answer all of your questions and concerns as you make this life-changing decision. From helping you find the right program to assisting you with payment options, these caring professionals will support you every step of the way.