Flow-Based Hatha Teacher Training
Fall 2019 — Wednesday Evening Track
Perfect for students who need a program that accommodates busy work, school or family schedules, our Wednesday Evening training offers a comprehensive and immersive learning experience during which you will deepen your practice and gain the skills to teach yoga safely an effectively to a wide variety of students. We emphasize authenticity in teaching by challenging our students to broaden their understanding of Yoga and to take their practice to new depths.
Your training as a teacher will focus primarily on the practice and teaching methodology of classical asana. Our Flow-Based Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program features an intense focus on the sequencing, language and classroom skills necessary to teach such vigorous styles as Hatha flow and Vinyasa, as well as provide a strong foundation for those who wish to further their studies in the Ashtanga lineage. All students are welcome who have a passion for yoga and a desire to share it with others.
If you are passionate about yoga and ready to build a thriving career, committing to this 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training will transform your life.
This comprehensive and immersive learning experience will deepen your own practice while you gain the skills to teach yoga safely and effectively to a wide variety of students. We emphasize authenticity in teaching by challenging you to broaden your understanding of Yoga and to take the practice to new depths. Your training as a teacher will focus primarily on the practice and teaching methodology of classical asana. You will also be introduced to some of the more advanced practices of yoga less frequently taught in public classes, such as pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation.
Our Flow-Based Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program features an intense focus on the sequencing, language and classroom skills necessary to teach such vigorous styles as Hatha flow and Vinyasa, as well as provide a strong foundation for those who wish to further their studies in flow-based practices such as Vinyasa or Ashtanga yoga.
If you are passionate about yoga and ready to build a thriving career, committing to this 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training will transform your life!
Our curriculum includes:
- An in-depth study of yoga asana, including- common modifications and variations, alignment principles, how to use props and benefits
- Foundations of both Western and yogic anatomy
- Lectures on philosophy and literature
- Focus on deeper yoga teachings on pranayama, meditation, and mantra
- Teaching practices to build confidence and develop your authentic voice
- Effective language and classroom management skills for students of all levels
- Instruction in safe and sustainable Hatha Flow and Vinyasa transitions
- Principles of thematic sequencing to create dynamic, fun and engaging yoga classes
- Methodologies to effectively assess the needs of individual students
- Ethics and business principles to help you build your career as a yoga teacher
In our training you will:
- Learn how to teach Hatha Flow and Vinyasa yoga classes to the all level of practitioner
- Practice teach consistently throughout the training to build your confidence and skill
- Practice such dynamic styles of yoga as Hatha Flow, Vinyasa, and Ashtanga, as well as incorporate teachings on meditation and pranayama.
- Deepen and expand your own practice
- Build strength, stamina, agility, and flexibility
- Expand your understanding of postures such as inversions and arms balances
- Take your yoga off the mat to transform every aspect of your life
AFTER COMPLETING THIS 200 HOUR TRAINING, YOU CAN:
FACULTY & COMMUNITY
When you join the Yoga Yoga family, you will experience deep transformation in a supportive community of dedicated yoga practitioners and teachers. From enrollment to graduation, you will benefit from the attention and guidance of a tenured Lead Teacher, supplemented by contributions from our faculty experts in the fields of anatomy and research, physical therapy, Ayurveda, kinesiology, psychology, literature and language, and education.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This training meets every Wednesday night from 5:30 – 9:30pm at Yoga Yoga North. There are also two intensive weekends, which meet on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 – 6:00pm.
- September 18, 25, 2019
- October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- November 6, 13, 20
- December 4, 11, 18
- January 8, 15, 22, 29, 2020
- February 5, 12, 19, 26
- March 4, 11, 18, 25
- April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- May 6, 13, 20, 27
- June 3, 10,17, 24
- July 1, 2020
Intensive Weekends: September 21 & 22, 2019 and January 18 & 19, 2020 at Yoga Yoga Northwest
Mary was introduced to Pattabhi Jois’s Ashtanga Yoga in 2000 and is endlessly grateful to her first teacher, V.K. Sheshadre. In 2004, after returning from her second trip to India, Mary began to explore other styles and traditions of yoga. Teaching Vinyasa was the obvious next step for Mary because it gave her the inspiration to be more creative and intuitive. It allowed her to take her deeply disciplined practice, knowledge of asanas (postures) and pranayama (breath), and begin to sequence with more spontaneity, intuition and dynamism. Currently Mary has taught over 2,500 class hours and has led workshops, Teacher Trainings and retreats nationally.
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
- Call our Admissions Department at (512) 326-2273 to connect with an Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a Teacher Training Info Session—view upcoming dates and RSVP with our online form.
- Our Admissions Counselors, also highly-skilled yoga teachers, are available to answer all of your questions and concerns as you make this life-changing decision. From helping you find the right program to assisting you with payment options, these caring professionals will support you every step of the way.