KUNDALINI YOGA TEACHER TRAININGSPRING 2019 TUESDAY EVENING TRACK
Begins January 12, 2019 with Mehtab, Siri Bahadur and Guru Karam
Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, is one of the major systems of yoga instruction. Kundalini Yoga uses dynamic yoga postures, energetic breathing techniques, mantra (sound) and meditation to work with the spiritual energy of the body.
The Aquarian Teacher program is a KRI (Kundalini Research Institute) Level 1 Certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. In Level 1 you will become an instructor and gain a deep understanding and experience of the core of the science of Kundalini Yoga. The Kundalini Training Course includes 200 hours of instruction, practice and home study.
There are six principle components in a Level One program:
Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®
- The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayama (breathing techniques).
Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including diet, nutrition, and relationships.
Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy
- Traditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain
- The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master
- Connect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
The Practicum: Teaching from Day One
- Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of your KRI Yoga Teacher Trainers, Mehtab, Guru Karam and Siri Bahadur, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
Upon completion of this 200 hour yoga teacher training you will become an internationally KRI certified Level 1 yoga teacher through the Kundalini Research Institute, as well as a nationally 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This training meets every Tuesday night from 6:00 to 9:30 at Yoga Yoga North. There are two intensive weekends, which meet on Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am to 6:00pm at the beginning and end of the training program. This course also includes an all-day off-site meditation training, White Tantric Yoga, held at the Omni Hotel in Austin.
January 12-13, 2019 — Sat & Sun: Orientation 9:00am-6:00pm
January 22, 29 — Tuesday Evenings
February 5, 12, 19, 26 — Tuesday Evenings
February 23 — Sat: White Tantric Yoga 7:00am-6:00pm
February 24 — Sun: 1:00-4:00pm
March 5, 12, 19, 26 — Tuesday Evenings
April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 — Tuesday Evenings
May 7, 14, 21, 28 — Tuesday Evenings
June 4, 11, 18, 25 — Tuesday Evenings
July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 — Tuesday Evenings
August 6, 13, 20 — Tuesday Evenings
August 24-25 — Sat & Sun: Graduation 9:00am-6:00pm
Guru Karam (Laura) Benton
Guru Karam took her first Kundalini yoga class in 1972 and studied with varying degrees of intensity until 1994 when she rediscovered Kundalini yoga and began a daily practice that changed her life forever. She is a KRI certified Lead Teacher Trainer who has trained hundreds of yoga teachers over the last 20 years, and facilitated teacher trainer programs with Yogi Bhajan in New Mexico. A certified advanced practice nurse, she enjoys using both western and eastern approaches to health and well-being in her practice and teaching of Kundalini Yoga.
Kirtan (Laura) Marcotte
In 1994 Laura (Kirtan) took her first Kundalini Yoga class that sent her on a new direction in life. During the teacher training at Yoga Yoga she was supported to go deeper into herself begin a daily practice and consider teaching.
As a Mom/Yogi she began to volunteer at schools teaching children yoga and meditation. She was thrilled to see children get the same benefits from yoga as adults and that encouraged her to write the yoga curriculum used in the AISD school district. Laura loves being with the Kundalini community and helping students learn the ropes of teaching, she became a Kundalini teacher Trainer with KRI and has been a part of the level 1 course in Austin since 2007.
Xenia (Beant) Hennington
Having first discovered Kundalini Yoga in 1998, Xenia Beant became a certified Kundalini Yoga Instructor in 2004 through Yoga Yoga’s Teacher Training program so she could help bring the life-changing benefits of Kundalini Yoga to the public. She began teaching in 2003 and in 2010, completed her Level 2 studies as a certified Practitioner. She began her journey as a teacher trainer in 2008 with Mehtab Benton, Guru Karam Kaur and Siri Bahadur. She is a Professional Trainer and has taught in the Level 1 programs at Yoga Yoga for several years.
GUEST TRAINER AND LECTURER
Mehtab completed his first Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training course in 1974 while in residence at the Hargobind Kundalini Yoga Ashram. During the 1970s, he taught yoga in the public school system and in drug rehabilitation programs in California. He studied Kundalini Yoga under Yogi Bhajan and was among the first students to be certified in Kundalini Yoga through the Master’s Touch training course in New Mexico. He has been a Mentoring Lead Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainer since 1997, and has taught Level I and Level II teacher training courses. Along with his wife Guru Karam, Mehtab received the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association “Building Communities in Yoga” and was also recognized as “Kundalini Yoga Teacher of the Year.”.
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
- Call our Admissions Department at (512) 326-2273 to connect with an Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a Teacher Training Info Session—view upcoming dates and RSVP with our online form.
- Our Admissions Counselors, also highly-skilled yoga teachers, are available to answer all of your questions and concerns as you make this life-changing decision. From helping you find the right program to assisting you with payment options, these caring professionals will support you every step of the way.