KUNDALINI YOGA TEACHER TRAININGFALL 2019 WEEKEND TRACK
Begins September 28, 2019 with Mehtab, Siri Bahadur and Guru Karam
Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, is one of the major systems of yoga instruction. Kundalini Yoga uses dynamic yoga postures, energetic breathing techniques, mantra (sound) and meditation to work with the spiritual energy of the body.
The Aquarian Teacher program is a KRI (Kundalini Research Institute) Level 1 Certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. In Level 1 you will become an instructor and gain a deep understanding and experience of the core of the science of Kundalini Yoga. The Kundalini Training Course includes 200 hours of instruction, practice and study.
There are six principle components in a Level One program:
Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®
- The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayama (breathing techniques).
Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including diet, nutrition, and relationships.
Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy
- Traditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain
- The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master
- Connect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
The Practicum: Teaching from Day One
- Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of your KRI Yoga Teacher Trainers, Mehtab, Guru Karam and Siri Bahadur, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
Upon completion of this 200 hour yoga teacher training you will become a KRI certified teacher through the Aquarian Teacher Program, as well as a nationally 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
The training is offered on weekend afternoons from 12 to 6 pm at Yoga Yoga Westgate and classes generally meet two weekends a month from September through April.
September 28 – 29, 2019, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
October 12 – 13, 2019,12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
October 26 – 27, 2019, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
November 9 – 10, 2019, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
November, 23 – 24, 2019, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
December 14 – 15, 2019, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
January 4 – 5, 2020, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
January 18 – 19, 2020, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
February 1 – 2, 2020, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
February 15 – 16, 2020, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
February 8 – White Tantric Meditation, 7am – 6pm
March 7 – 8, 2020, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
March 21 – 22, 2020, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
April 4 – 5, 2020, 12pm – 6pm, Yoga Yoga Westgate
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
- Call our Admissions Department at (512) 326-2273 to connect with an Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a Teacher Training Info Session—view upcoming dates and RSVP with our online form.
- Our Admissions Counselors, also highly-skilled yoga teachers, are available to answer all of your questions and concerns as you make this life-changing decision. From helping you find the right program to assisting you with payment options, these caring professionals will support you every step of the way.