Courtney grew up in a small north Texas town and went to London for an M.A. in Art History where she met a lovely dutch man and moved to the Netherlands. After 5 years, she wanted to come back to be closer to her family and moved back in the fall of 2006 and loves it!! When not teaching yoga, you can find Courtney taking a yoga class, giving tours at the Blanton Museum and seeking out delicious, local things to eat and drink!
Courtney did her first 200 hour Yoga Alliance training at Breath and Body Yoga in Austin, a Baptiste Power Yoga studio; the Anusara Immersion with Christina Sell and is currently pressing a 500 hour certification with her as well. She has also studied with various teachers through workshops and intensives, such as Shiva Rea, Kathryn Budig, David Swenson, Greg Nardi and Darren Rhodes. She is also a certified personal trainer.
Students can expect to find a challenging vinyasa classes: sweaty, while being light-hearted and fun. Laughter is a great component to the class! Students might be introduced to poses that seem daunting, but by breaking things down they see that there is always somewhere to work and that every pose (and situation in life) holds some accessibility. As a teacher she strives to be a guide for the students, but also reminds them to get to know their bodies and minds through practice through a casual, open approach that encourages questions.
About Courtney Meijer
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach and Christie McNally
- David Swenson's Ashtanga Yoga: The Practice Manual
- "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." John Burroughs
- "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw
- MORE YOGA
- TEACHER TRAINING
- ABOUT US