February is Share Yoga Month. Take advantage of this special program to introduce others to their first Yoga Yoga class and #shareyogayoga. Your referrals enter you to win great spa and yoga gifts!
Weekend Women’s Retreat with Jenn Wooten & Angie Knight
at Margaret Austin Center
or Call to register: 512-707-9642
Learning how to connect more fully with others begins with learning to connect more fully with ourselves. This weekend retreat will provide the opportunity for both, through yoga, collaboration, and communion. We’ll explore ways to become more present in our relationships with others by becoming more present in our relationship with ourselves. The mornings will begin with a centering hatha flow class and we will end the days with gentle partner yoga and Thai yoga massage.
*This retreat includes yoga, lodging and delicious, healthy vegetarian meals.*
Find out what to bring and more about Margaret Austin Center here.
ABOUT THE RETREAT
Arrival: between 3 and 4 pm Friday, September 21
Departure: after brunch Sunday, September 23
From Austin, the drive will take between 1.5 and 2 hours.
Directions (from Austin)
1) Take I-290 East to Brenham. Take Route 36 South Bellville/Houston 290 loop to the RIGHT as you enter Brenham.
2) Stay on 290 and proceed to Chappel Hill. (9 miles past the route 36 intersection)
3) Turn RIGHT at the only stop light in Chappel Hill and travel 1/4 mile to first stop sign.
4) Turn LEFT on FM 1371 and travel 1 mile to the next stop sign.
5) Turn RIGHT (still on FM 1371) and travel 2-3/10 miles to Sauney Chapel Road. At the 90-degree right turn intersection, go
STRAIGHT onto Sauney Chapel Road.
6) Travel 1 mile down sauney Chapel road to Trackside Road.
7) Turn LEFT on Trackside Road and travel 6/10 mile to first stop sign.
8) Turn LEFT (staying on Trackside Road) and travel 1/10 mile to first driveway.
9) Turn LEFT into driveway of the Margaret Austin Center. Congratulations!
From Austin, the drive will take between 1 and 2 hours.
If you need directions from another direction, please visit www.macenter.org
Call Events (512) 707-9642
The Margaret Austin Center is in the beautiful Texas hill country and has been used for meditation and other retreats for over 20 years. The energy there is breathtaking. There are 2 multiple room lodges with 4 to 6 beds per room and four shared bathrooms. The accommodations are simple, but there is climate control! You may also bring a tent if you wish to camp.
We will provide delicious, simple vegetarian meals. We are unable to cater to specific medical diets, but you are welcome to discuss your situation and options if you have concerns.
Angie Knight has studied yoga, shamanism, and other healing arts for over a decade. She views yoga as a way of life rather than just a physical practice. She likes that yoga has helped her find her strength, but there have been challenging times when her practice consists of sticking her legs up the wall for ten minutes while the baby naps. In creating space (for an hour or ten minutes) to connect with breath, she has found that Spirit is always within us if we just listen. Prayer and guidance comes from creating space to receive, and then mustering the courage to act upon our intuition.
Click here to find out more about Angie.
Jenn Wooten’s yoga roots lie in both Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga. She draws from these and other lineages to teach a Vinyasa Flow Yoga style that cultivates grace, freedom, fun and loving-kindess. Her classes focus on the process over the poses and the importance of discovering our inner teacher and our own authentic expression of yoga. Click here to find out more about Jenn.
- MORE YOGA
- TEACHER TRAINING
- ABOUT US