Memberships available starting August 15
Weekend Women’s Retreat with Jenn Wooten & Angie Knight
at Margaret Austin Center
or Call to register: 512-707-9642
Learning how to connect more fully with others begins with learning to connect more fully with ourselves. This weekend retreat will provide the opportunity for both, through yoga, collaboration, and communion. We’ll explore ways to become more present in our relationships with others by becoming more present in our relationship with ourselves. The mornings will begin with a centering hatha flow class and we will end the days with gentle partner yoga and Thai yoga massage.
*This retreat includes yoga, lodging and delicious, healthy vegetarian meals.*
Find out what to bring and more about Margaret Austin Center here.
ABOUT THE RETREAT
Arrival: between 3 and 4 pm Friday, September 21
Departure: after brunch Sunday, September 23
From Austin, the drive will take between 1.5 and 2 hours.
Directions (from Austin)
1) Take I-290 East to Brenham. Take Route 36 South Bellville/Houston 290 loop to the RIGHT as you enter Brenham.
2) Stay on 290 and proceed to Chappel Hill. (9 miles past the route 36 intersection)
3) Turn RIGHT at the only stop light in Chappel Hill and travel 1/4 mile to first stop sign.
4) Turn LEFT on FM 1371 and travel 1 mile to the next stop sign.
5) Turn RIGHT (still on FM 1371) and travel 2-3/10 miles to Sauney Chapel Road. At the 90-degree right turn intersection, go
STRAIGHT onto Sauney Chapel Road.
6) Travel 1 mile down sauney Chapel road to Trackside Road.
7) Turn LEFT on Trackside Road and travel 6/10 mile to first stop sign.
8) Turn LEFT (staying on Trackside Road) and travel 1/10 mile to first driveway.
9) Turn LEFT into driveway of the Margaret Austin Center. Congratulations!
From Austin, the drive will take between 1 and 2 hours.
If you need directions from another direction, please visit www.macenter.org
Call Events (512) 707-9642
The Margaret Austin Center is in the beautiful Texas hill country and has been used for meditation and other retreats for over 20 years. The energy there is breathtaking. There are 2 multiple room lodges with 4 to 6 beds per room and four shared bathrooms. The accommodations are simple, but there is climate control! You may also bring a tent if you wish to camp.
We will provide delicious, simple vegetarian meals. We are unable to cater to specific medical diets, but you are welcome to discuss your situation and options if you have concerns.
Angie Knight has studied yoga, shamanism, and other healing arts over the last 14 years. She has taught thousands of public and private yoga classes and leads workshops and retreats, both nationally and internationally. She also has a shamanic healing practice in which she utilizes her knowledge of energy medicine to guide people through deep healing. She studied shamanic healing techniques under the guidance of her teacher, Dean Taraborelli, at The Four Winds Society, a world leader in energy medicine founded by Alberto Villoldo.
Angie is now combining her gifts of yoga teaching and energy healing as way to facilitate healing and transformation so that people can remember their wholeness and discover what makes them come alive!
Jenn Wooten’s yoga roots lie in both Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga. She draws from these and other lineages to teach a Vinyasa Flow Yoga style that cultivates grace, freedom, fun and loving-kindess. Her classes focus on the process over the poses and the importance of discovering our inner teacher and our own authentic expression of yoga. Click here to find out more about Jenn.
- MORE YOGA
- TEACHER TRAINING
- ABOUT US