JuiceLand and Yoga Yoga are offering free yoga to juice cleanse participants!
Prenatal and Postnatal Training with Leslie Lytle
at Yoga Yoga North
or Call to register: 512-380-9800
Pregnancy offers women many physical, spiritual, and social challenges as they embark on the journey into motherhood. Yoga practice during pregnancy can help them prepare for these challenges with awareness, strength, and grace, and is rapidly becoming one of the most popular ways of preparing for childbirth in the United States. After childbirth, yoga can be a powerful tool to help women connect with their bodies, their babies, and each other.
Prenatal and Postnatal TrainingJuly 11 - July 15, 2012
This prenatal/postnatal training will provide you with a rich framework and effective tools to:
· Offer professional, responsible, and appropriate support to pregnant and postpartum women.
· Understand the physiological and emotional considerations of the childbearing year so you can create prenatal and postnatal classes from a solid foundation.
· Learn which yoga postures are especially helpful during pregnancy and postpartum and how to adapt them as necessary.
· Address common discomforts of pregnancy with specific yoga postures and sequences.
· Support mother/infant bonding and foster community among new mothers.
· Market your pregnancy program within your community.
· Encourage women to access their own deep wisdom and strength.
This training is open to yoga teachers and pregnancy health professionals with a committed yoga practice. It includes significant reading preferably completed in advance of the training, a prenatal yoga manual, supervised teaching opportunities and written assignments. Completion of a 200-hour yoga teacher training program or its equivalent prior to taking this training is strongly recommended. Approval of the instructor is required for applicants who have not reached this level of experience. Students who successfully complete all requirements of the course will receive a certificate of completion.
Approved for 36 Contact Hours credit toward Yoga Alliance's continuing education requirements.
Wednesday - Saturday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday 8:30 am – 4 pm
Apply these hours towards your CEU requirements.
Leslie Lytle combines a background in Iyengar yoga and vipassana meditation with imagery, poetry, and a deep understanding of the experience of pregnancy and birth. She has worked with pregnant women since 1992, first as massage therapist, then as doula, and most recently as yoga instructor. A Certified Laban Movement Analyst and Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, Leslie holds a bachelor's degree in Movement Studies and a master's degree in Sociology, where her area of interest was women's experience of the body and health. Leslie has completed advanced training in prenatal yoga and childbirth education with Janice Clarfield, Colette Crawford, Elizabeth Noble, Ann Cowlin, and other notable instructors. Her goal is to empower women in their childbearing year to transition into parenthood with grace and awareness.
- MORE YOGA
- TEACHER TRAINING
- ABOUT US