Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training - Austin, Tx - 200 Hour Program
Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, is one of the major systems of yoga instruction. Kundalini Yoga uses dynamic yoga postures, energetic breathing techniques, mantra (sound) and meditation to work with the spiritual energy of the body.
The Aquarian Teacher program is a KRI (Kundalini Research Institute) Level 1 Certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. In Level 1 you will become an instructor and gain a deep understanding and experience of the core of the science of Kundalini Yoga. The Kundalini Training Course includes 200 hours of instruction, practice and study.
There are six principle components in a Level One program:
- Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®
- The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayama (breathing techniques).
- Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including diet, nutrition, and relationships.
- Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy
- Traditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
- Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain
- The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
- The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master
- Connect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
- The Practicum: Teaching from Day One
- Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of your KRI Yoga Teacher Trainers, Mehtab, Guru Karam and Siri Bahadur, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
The Kundalini Yoga Training courses are taught by Yoga Yoga's senior teacher trainers: Mehtab, Siri Bahadur, and Guru Karam. You will get the benefits of thier combined decades of direct study with Yogi Bhajan as well as their thousands of hours of classroom teaching experience.
"If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it."
~ Yogi Bhajan
Upon completion of this 200 hour yoga teacher training you will become a KRI certified teacher through the Aquarian Teacher Program, as well as a nationally 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance.
The training is offered on weekend afternoons from 12 to 6 pm at Yoga Yoga Westgate and classes generally meet two weekends a month from September through March.
|September 22-23 2018||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|October 13 - 14, 2018||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|October 27 - 28, 2018||12pm - 6pm
||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|November 10 - 11, 2018||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|December 1 - 2, 2018||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|December 15 - 16, 2018||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|January 5 - 6, 2019||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|January 19 - 20, 2019||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|February 2 - 3, 2019||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|February 16 - 17, 2019||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|February 23, 2019
White Tantric Meditation
|March 2 - 3, 2019||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|March 16 - 17, 2019||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
|March 30 - 31, 2019||12pm - 6pm||Yoga Yoga Westgate|
For more information or to enroll, please contact Yoga Yoga Teacher Training at (512) 326-2273 or email@example.com.